Wednesday, May 2, 2012

AQS Quilt Show in Paducah!!!

Yes folks, you heard it right . . . I was in Paducah this year for the American Quilter's Society Annual Quilt Show. It's difficult to put this into words, but the show is HUGE! Hundreds of award winning quilts are hung throughout multiple venues, including 2 floors of the Paducah Convention Center, an adjacent "bubble" building, and various other spaces throughout Paducah. Even the restaurants and hotels are decorated to the gills with staff quilts!

And there might be vendors selling boatloads of fabric, notions, tools and patterns for, well, let's call it a deep discount . . . .

 It is definitely quilter's DisneyLand!

I'm not allowed to post photos of the quilts, but here are some of my shots of beautiful downtown Paducah, as well as a few other highlights.... It's a great town, and it was certainly an inspiring place to be for a few days!



















I had no idea, but the strawberry shortcake (sold by the Boy Scouts in what appeared to be truckloads!) was definitely as famous as Hancocks!

Who's going with me next year?


Happy Stitching!

Kelly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will! I heart Paducah.
Danielle

PS Your Swoon blocks match my bedroom. This, I'm pretty sure, is not a coincidence. This also means that my mug rug looks amahzing bedside.

Kelly Biscopink said...

Sweet! We'll have to get a group together for next year, Danielle! And I'm glad you're enjoying your mug rug . . . am I going to have to keep an eye on you around my Swoon? ;)

ChristineD said...

Yay! So glad you made it this year! It sounds spectacular.

Betsy said...

Paduca was on my bucket list and I attended this year. What a phenomenal experience! Love your pics!