Friday, June 10, 2011

SUMMER nesting!

It might just be me, but there’s definitely something about the warm weather and the sunshine that lights a spark in me! I feel like I’ve been hibernating or dodging raindrops for months, but now it’s SUMMER (yes, all in caps) and everything is shiny and new again. (For those of you familiar with the book, this season also brings out all of my "Anne of Green Gables" prosaic tendencies...)! And with the shiny newness of SUMMER comes a desire to do a little “nesting.” Below is photo evidence of my own summer nesting endeavors - - - so so much fun!

SUMMER strawberries!
Homemade pain au chocolat

Ummm, brunch. Need I say more?
First homemade ice cream of the summer
Yeah, totally delicious. Too delicious. Dangerously.
Birthday cupcake - butter pecan flavored
"Window" boxes on my balcony
Tiny birdhouse in my potted plant
Just awesome SUMMER colors! Maybe my next quilt...

It took some doing, but I found a cake plate that wasn't super expensive!
 I don't know why cake plates feel summery, but they do!
Really, is there anything better than fresh flowers and night lights?
Itty bitty herb planters. Crossing my fingers...
Oh look, my very ordinary front door wreath...
But what's that?

A nest! Hanging out on my front door!

If you look really close, you can see baby bird beaks!


As I'm sure is true for most of you, too, SUMMER sewing is generally made up of sewing baby quilts, wedding presents (see my previous post for a great idea) and house warming items. And then the next thing you know, it’s October and time to start on Holiday gifts, but that’s another post…

For now, it might be hot, it might be muggy, but it's not snowing!!!!  I'm no photographer, but SUMMER seems to make all of my photos look better, so get outside and start snapping! It's so easy to be inspired when the weather's beautiful, and some of these photos will help me get inspired in 8 months when it's freezing outside.


XOXOXO

Kelly


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this entire post!

Rachel said...

I'm so impressed, Kelly. It's a miracle for me to have dinner at home, much less make the table look gorgeous!

Andie Johnson said...

Susie Homemaker! You are, without a doubt, the best brunch-maker I know. I must come and see your balcony all prettified and flowery! Great post!

Meghan said...

Can I get some cred for finding that cake plate, please? Spanks, lady.

P.S. the captcha that I'm being asked to translate below is "numples"